Hours & Location
Thursday 7:00pm – 11:30pm
Friday & Saturday 7:00pm – 1:30am
2030 Lombard St., San Francisco (between Fillmore & Lombard)
Tropical Thunders is located within the existing Don Pistos space.
Events & Important Dates
June 17, Monday, Full Moon Martini Night 7:00pm – 10:00pm
-featuring Junipero Gin Martini specials & charcuterie and cheese plates on the house –
June 23, Sunday, Thunder Sundays 1:00pm – 7:00pm
– featuring El Tesoro Tiki cocktails & DJ set by Sazon Libre
July 4 – 6, Thursday – Saturday, CLOSED
Happy Fourth of July!!
July 16, Tuesday, Full Moon Martini Night “On the Road” in Calistoga
– private dinner event featuring the one & only martini –
July 18, Thursday, Del Maguey Happy Hour 4:30pm – 6:30pm
– featuring drink & copita specials –
July 19, Friday, Altos Happy Hour 5:30pm – 6:30pm
– featuring tequila Altos cocktail specials –
August 01, Thursday, Don Pilar Happy Hour(s) 5:30 – 8:30pm
– featuring the Don himself, Don Pilar cocktail specials, $3 tacos & live mariachi –
August 08, Thursday, Casa Noble Organico Happy Hour 5:00 – 7:00pm
– featuring $10 Casa Noble Organico specialty cocktails –
August 15, Thursday, Full Moon Martini Night 5:00 – 9:00pm!
– featuring $10 Plymouth Gin classic martinis, hosted bites, and more specialty martinis –
August 29, Thursday, CLOSED
September 5, 6, 7, Thursday – Saturday, CLOSED
September 13, Friday, Full Moon Martini Night all night
-featuring a toast at 12:34am on Saturday 9/14 when the moon is at its fullest –
**More Events Coming Soon**
The Pirate’s Post Office
Back in the day when travels from point A to point B meant weeks, months and years on the open seas, sailors, swashbucklers, and pirates used barrels set on remote islands as a means for getting messages back in the direction from which they came. On a recent trip to the Galapagos Islands, we were treated to one of these original Pirate’s Post Offices. Here is how it works:
- Grab one of our Tropical Thunder postcards at the bar, or bring one of your own in
- Write a message to a friend, family member or colleague – no stamp necessary!
- Drop it in the mailbox
- Choose a card that was left inside
- Hand deliver the card you picked
$1 from each and every cocktail sold from our menu will be donated to the San Francisco Clean City Coalition, a non-profit that offers transitional employment opportunities through community improvement activities such as neighborhood greening, event recycling and graffiti removal.
Guests are also able to make a donation at Tropical Thunder’s Pirate’s Post Office.
For more information on The San Francisco Clean City Coalition, please visit their website: www.sfcleancity.com
Large Parties &Private Events
We love to party!
Tropical Thunder is available for buyouts any day of the week, Monday through Sunday, and large party reservations during operating hours.
To inquire about rates and availability, please email firstname.lastname@example.org